Working at IPEA
The Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority(IPEA) is a statutory authority of around 60 employees. To join the team please check this page on a regular basis for current vacancies.
Benefits of working at IPEA
- Interesting work: IPEA provides advice, monitors and administers claims for travel expenses and allowances by parliamentarians and their employees, so taxpayers' funds are spent appropriately and in compliance with legislation. Opportunities will range from entry level data roles through to middle and senior levels in advice, assurance, data analysis and all corporate roles.
- Supportive work environment and culture: IPEA is a small Statutory Authority of around 60 employees where teams are encouraged to work collaboratively. The CEO, Annwyn Godwin, is committed to both quality work outcomes and maintaining an inclusive workplace where employees are valued.
- Competitive remuneration: IPEA’s remuneration arrangements are scaled to attract and retain appropriately skilled employees
- Flexible work: IPEA provides a flexible working environment to support employees balance their careers and personal lives.
- Study assistance and professional development: IPEA supports motivated employees to engage in both formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Superannuation: generous 15.4 per cent employer superannuation contribution
- Attractive leave provisions: employees are entitled to 18 days of personal/carer’s leave each year and 20 days of annual leave (pro rata for part time) which can be taken at full or half pay. IPEA closes over the Christmas period with no impacts on annual leave. Paid parental leave provides 16 weeks for primary carers, 16 weeks of adoption or long-term foster care and 20 days for supporting partners. A range of other generous leave provision apply, such as long service, leave for employees affected by family, domestic, and/or intimate partner violence, compassionate and bereavement leave, community service leave, and defence reserve leave.
IPEA’s employment terms and conditions are covered by the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021.
The conditions we offer are generous, wages are highly competitive, and staff enjoy an employer superannuation contribution of 15.4 per cent of salary. Superannuation contributions can be made to a super fund of your choice or the Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan.
A Section 24(1) Determination workplace arrangement provides remuneration increases in 2021, 2022 and 2023 to all staff covered by Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021. Section 24(1) Determination Schedule 2022-1 provides the salary amounts applicable from 25 November 2022.
Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority Section 24(1) Determination Schedule 2022-01 (PDF, 10.71 MB)
Current IPEA vacancies
|Title||Classification||Closing||Contact name||Contact phone||Selection documentation|
|Website and Communications Officer||APS Level 6||
11:30 pm AEST Sunday 8 October 2023
|Kim Carter||02 6215 2132|
11:30 pm AEST
|Senior HR Officer||02 6215 3908|
How to apply
You should begin by downloading the relevant selection documentation for the vacancy you wish to apply for. This will include further details on how to apply, a description of the duties of the position, and details of the specific qualifications, skills and experience required.
If you require additional information or clarification about the vacancy, please speak to the contact officer.
More information and tips to help you apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service is available on the APSJobs website.
Your application must include:
- the completed:
- a resume of no more than three pages
- a one page pitch describing how your skills, qualifications and experience match the duty statement for the advertised position.
Your completed application must be emailed to: IPEARecruit@ipea.gov.au by 11:30 pm AEST/ADST on the closing date.
Email attachments should be submitted as PDF or Microsoft Word documents.
Please also include the position number and your surname in the subject line of your email.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please email: IPEARecruit@ipea.gov.au prior to 4:00 pm AEST/ADST on the closing date.
Information for applicants
Applicants for IPEA vacancies must be Australian citizens who are eligible and willing to gain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Late applications will not be accepted without written approval prior to the closing date. Approval will only be granted under extenuating circumstances and at IPEA’s discretion.
Requests for extensions should be emailed to: IPEARecruit@ipea.gov.au.
Additional information other than that provided by you in your application may be sourced and considered during the recruitment process.
This may include information contained on social media sites (e.g. Twitter or Facebook), other websites, and from:
- other relevant persons
The information provided by you during IPEA's recruitment process is collected to assist in determining your suitability for vacant positions.
Personal information provided to IPEA is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and will not be disclosed without your consent except where authorised or required by law.
Diversity and inclusion
IPEA understands and appreciates that diverse experiences, backgrounds and insights enrich our capability to deliver value to the Australian community and our clients.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy reflects IPEA’s values-based leadership and commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture. IPEA embraces these differences and fosters an environment of inclusion and regard for others.
We ensure our employees:
- are included, valued and respected
- have access to equal opportunity
- are fully supported at work.
Our aim is to develop and retain diverse talent in our workforce and to support our employees to maintain long and productive working careers.
Diversity and inclusion are the heart and soul of our values and culture.
Values and code of conduct
IPEA is committed to the APS Values and Code of Conduct contained in the Public Service Act 1999.
We expect all employees to behave honestly and with integrity in connection with their employment.
As a candidate, please ensure you disclose any information you know is relevant to IPEA in making a recruitment decision.
APS employee census results
IPEA is pleased with our 2022 APS Census results. In particular, 82 per cent per cent of employees are proud to work in IPEA, 86 per cent strongly believing in the purpose and objectives of IPEA, and 82 per cent would recommend IPEA as a good place to work. Our engagement, innovation and wellbeing scores are higher than the APS average. IPEA is an inclusive workplace with a committed social club, and actively supports people from diverse backgrounds.