Travel guidance information for parliamentarians about the new parliamentary work expenses framework starting 1 January 2018 is available at Parliamentarians Travel Post 1 Jan 2018.
On this page you will find information about:
- Travel Advice Certificates
- Personal Advice
- Travel Allowance Rates
- Capital City Zones
- Travel Service Provider - FCM
- Overseas Travel Advice and Support
- Service Level Standards
- More Information?
Travel Advice Certificates (TACs) are provided by IPEA to enable parliamentarians and their staff to have formal written advice on the statutory compliance of planned travel. A TAC provides clear, written advice about a specific travel enquiry before travel is undertaken.
One of the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority’s (IPEA) key functions is to give personal advice to parliamentarians and their staff and former parliamentarians of parliament about their use of parliamentary travel resources. This function is established by the IPEA Act 2017.
IPEA’s personal advice comes in the form of verbal or written guidance, or recommendations given for the use of parliamentary travel resources. IPEA can provide personal advice over the phone, in person or in writing.
Further information on IPEA’s function to give personal advice is available in the Personal Advice [PDF 157 KB] Personal Advice [DOC 99.1 KB] Fact Sheet.
- Office Holders Travelling Allowance Rates
- Parliamentarians' Travelling Allowance Rates
- Employees Travelling Allowances Rates
- Motor Vehicle Allowance Rate
- IPEA enquiries: (02) 6215 3000
- International SOS Sydney office: (02) 9372 2408
- International SOS (Medical & Travel Security Assistance Company) website.
Parliamentarians and their staff may obtain advice about travel arrangements by calling 6215 3000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice on non-travel related expense matters can be accessed by emailing email@example.com or by calling (02) 6215 3542 (parliamentarians) or (02) 6215 3333 (MOP(S) Act employees).