Welcome to IPEA’s new website
IPEA has launched a new website. We hope you enjoy this new look site with its improved features and navigation.
Why we made improvements
Our website was over 5 years old and it was time to give it a complete refresh.
We asked a cross-section of our website users for their experiences with our previous site and acted on their feedback to make this new site more engaging and easier to use.
Ensuring information is easy to find and use was a major priority.
Our new website delivers improvements:
- how the site is organised – so it's easier to find information
- navigation options and searches – so you can move around the site and find information faster
- modern design – which also meets a high standard for accessibility
- acknowledgement of the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia, and to pay our respects on all pages
- changes to the ‘expenditure reports’ for improved usage, including the addition of filters.
You have several ways to find information:
- the main menu – available at the top of every page
- section menus – available in the left-hand margin
- latest news – continually updated and available directly from the home page
- a new publications page where you can filter by document type and date
- quick links at the bottom of all pages to:
- about us
- smarter search functionality.
Our improved search helps you:
- find more relevant information
- narrow your search results using topic and date filters.
Content and style
Our consistent approach to content and style means:
- users can find information quickly and easily
- everything is written in plain English
- our information is current, correct, and accessible
- we're not repeating content.
We looked at all content and removed anything that was no longer relevant, accurate, or current.
This is the first stage of our website rebuild. Additional functionality and improvements will continue to be made.
In addition to our changes, most pages have a ‘was this page helpful’ section below the content.
IPEA welcomes your feedback and endeavours to consider all constructive comments on ways we can further improve our web pages.
Looking for something from the old website?
Australian government website content is regularly copied to the National Library of Australia’s web archive, TROVE.
Snapshots of the IPEA website are taken throughout the year and can be searched for on TROVE.
All the content from our previous website can be found on TROVE, and this will become the official archive of our website.
You can learn about TROVE and what information you can find by visiting:
Trove also has a help page: