Cost recovered travel


On this page you will find information about:

Cost recovered travel by unscheduled commercial transport

Parliamentarians may undertake to reimburse the Commonwealth for the transport costs of passengers travelling by unscheduled commercial transport.

The parliamentarian must advise in writing the transport costs to be reimbursed to the Commonwealth, and it must be signed before the transport costs are claimed.

Further information on cost recovered travel by unscheduled commercial transport is available in Division 3 of the Parliamentary Business Resources Regulations 2017.

More information

  • For travel related queries, contact IPEA on phone (02) 6215 3000 or email enquiries [at]
  • Additional information on the new expenses framework can be found on the Legislative Framework page. 
  • For all other work expense matters, phone (02) 6215 3542 for parliamentarians' or (02) 6215 3333 for MOP(S) Act employees or email mpshelp [at]