Developed by the Department of Finance, PEMS is an online, secure portal that enables parliamentarians and their staff to claim and manage expenses over any computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Users will be able to administer their travel claims and manage their budgets using IPEA’s PEMS related functionality.
PEMS is an end-to-end online system that contains functions relating to resources provided by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services (MaPS) and IPEA.
From 4 July 2022, PEMS functionality changed. The updated system provides a variety of new functions including greater travel administration and ‘real-time’ budget reporting functionality. On MOP(S) Learning, you can find a suite of PEMS training materials that provide an overview and step-by-step instructions on how to use PEMS’ functionality.
IPEA related PEMS functionality
IPEA has created specific PEMS education resources related to IPEA’s travel administration and budget responsibilities.
- Access the travel dashboard
- Create a travel allowance claim
- Create motor vehicle allowance claim
- Create domestic travel expense claim
- Recall a travel allowance claim
- Recall a travel expense claim
- Display, update and adjust travel claims
- Create unscheduled commercial transport (UCT) claim
- Approve travel expenses claim
- Approve travel allowance claim
- Display historical travel claims
- Display and manage debts
Department of Finance’s Ministerial and Parliamentary Services offers a number of other PEMS training materials related to the functions it administers.
- Office expenses
- Communication expenses
- HR and staffing related administration expenses
- PEMS log in and all password matters
- Technical and system errors
Contact details: pemshelp [at] finance.gov.au and mpshelp [at] finance.gov.au, or (02) 6215 3333.