What do I need to do

To claim travelling allowance, staff need to submit a claim via PEMS. Alternatively, staff may complete a Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim form. The form must be signed by the staff member and approved and dated by their parliamentarian or authorised officer. 

The completed form and relevant supporting documentation, such as accommodation receipts, must be scanned and emailed to forms [at]

IPEA periodically reviews travel claims. Offices must retain original travel claims and receipts until an audit is conducted or the employing parliamentarian leaves Parliament, whichever is sooner.