What do I need to do

For all trips

Seek the necessary approval well in advance of your proposed travel

Book scheduled flights through travel provider (FCm)

Advise IPEA of travel details and all travellers

Contact the relevant area (International and Parliamentary Relations Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Home Department) for assistance with other logistics

Seek medical advice prior to your travel

Ensure your passport has six months validity

Obtain any relevant visas required for your travel

Allowances are paid prior to travel once IPEA has all the required information

Claims for reimbursement must be accompanied by receipts and can be submitted after your travel is completed


For Presiding Officer, Opposition and Minority Party trips only

Check your budget has sufficient balance for your proposed travel