Approval: Presiding Officers approve their overseas travel and/or any other parliamentarian to represent them subject to an annual budget of $250,000 each. Should a Presiding Officer change during a financial year, the incoming Presiding Officer is limited to the balance of the annual budget.
Costs that can be met:
- travel at no higher than business class
- unscheduled commercial transport within and between overseas countries
- accommodation costs
- meal costs
- pre-travel medical expenses, such as vaccinations
- emergency medical, dental or hospital expenses
- laundry and dry cleaning
- an international travel incidental allowance of $63 per day
- a travel equipment allowance of $430 once every three (3) years
- laundry and dry cleaning for staff where travel lasts at least seven (7) days
- an international travel incidental allowance of $40 per day for staff.