Approval: The Prime Minister approves travel for a parliamentarian to represent the government or Australia.
Costs that can be met:
- travel at no higher than business class
- unscheduled commercial transport within and between overseas countries
- accommodation costs
- meal costs
- pre-travel medical expenses, such as vaccinations
- emergency medical, dental or hospital expenses
- laundry and dry cleaning
- an international travel incidental allowance of $63 per day
- a travel equipment allowance of $430 once every three (3) years
- laundry and dry cleaning for staff where travel lasts at least seven (7) days
- an international travel incidental allowance of $40 per day for staff.
In addition, the Prime Minister may approve costs for a parliamentarian’s spouse and one (1) staff member.