Parliamentarians are provided with up to five travel-related budgets or limits:
- Unscheduled transport in large electorates
- Electorate support budget
- Family reunion travel (Canberra and local area)
- Family reunion travel (Australia-wide)
- Travel allowance for electorate business outside the electorate, and/or party political duties outside Canberra.
Expenditure and usage must be tracked by parliamentarians to ensure that budgets or limits are not exceeded.
IPEA provides a range of reports to assist parliamentarians with tracking their budgets or limits, including monthly management reports, publicly-reported expenditure reports, up to date budget reports and other reports on request.